On August 25, soon after the release of Redmi Pro, Xiaomi released its latest descendant of Redmi Note series known as Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and joined “The all-metal era” slogan.
And as expected, it is a more updated version of Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. The phone comes with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 401 pixels per inch.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 runs Android 6.0 and is powered by a 4100mAh non removable battery. Additionally, it measures 151.00 x 76.00 x 8.30 (height x width x thickness) and weighs 175.00 grams.
Almost every device in the Xiaomi portfolio look alike, and the Note 4 looks just like the Redmi Pro. Obviously, Xiaomi makes good looking budget smartphones and the Note 4 is no different.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes with a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF (phase detection autofocus) and f/2.0 aperture. At front, the Redmi 4 features a 5-megapixel camera, which company claims can click 85-degree wide angle shots.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Design
The Note 4 comes with a beautiful 5.5-inch display panel with 1920×1080 resolution. The 2.5D arc glass accentuates the display. For a budget device, the display on the Note 4 stands out as one of the highlights. On the rear, we can see the curviness on alternating facets.
Actually, it provides a perfect grip for the hand. In addition, two rear white streaks are also frequent among them. The CNC integration technology makes the borders smooth and premium to hold. In addition, the traditional front design is classic. And it comes with the three touch-based buttons.
Further, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 supports a hybrid dual-SIM slot. So, users can choose to go with a combination of either dual-SIM cards or one Micro-SIM and one microSD card. Additionally, you can find the fingerprint scanner on the back panel right below Xiaomi Redmi 4’s rear camera.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Features
- Aluminum unibody design
- 5.5″ IPS display of 1080p resolution; 401ppi
- MediaTek MT6797 Helio X20 chipset; 2x Cortex-A72 + 4x Cortex-A53 + 4x Cortex-A53; Mali-
- T880 MP4 at 700MHz
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8 (Global 126.96.36.199)
- Standard edition: 2GB RAM with 16GB of storage; High edition: 3GB RAM with 64GB storage;
- microSD support, hybrid slot shared with 2nd SIM
- 13 megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, dual-LED dual-tone flash; 1080p @ 30fps video, 720p @ 120fps
- 5 megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture; 720p @ 30fps video
- Dual SIM, LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2, IR, microUSB
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4,100mAh battery
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specification
- Dimensions: 151 x 76 x 8.4 mm
- Material Metal (rear) and Plastic (front)
- Colors: Silver, Gray, Gold, Blue, Black
- Screen: 5.5 inches, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Resolution: 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
- SoC: Mediatek MT6797 Helio X20
- Processor: Deca-core, 2.1 GHz
- GPU: Mali-T880 MP4 @ 800 MHz
- RAM: 2 GB – Standard Edition & 3 GB – Higher Edition
- ROM: 16 GB – Standard Edition & 64 GB – Higher Edition
- Micro-SD card: Supported (up to 256 GB)
- Camera Rear:13 MP, f/2.0, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Front:5 MP, f/2.0, 1080p
- Camera Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes with a price of Rs 21,365.